Pre-pay Vouchers - Taylor's Bellfoundry Tours
Why not treat your loved one to a unique experience with a gift voucher for a Taylor’s Bellfoundry Tour?
A voucher invites the recipient to enjoy the Taylor's Bellfoundry Tour at a time that is convenient for them!
Their visit will begin with a short talk introducing the Taylor's story and explaining the bellmaking process, before they step out onto the casting hall viewing platform. They will then head over the road to experience the Full Foundry Works and explore the Victorian covered yard, where bells arrive for repair and depart for their new homes. They will also take in the joinery shop and learn how Taylor's craftsmen produce bell wheels, carillon claviers and other vital pieces of the bell installation. Their tour will conclude with a visit to the magical tuning shop, where the iconic sound of a Taylor's bell is perfected.
Please note that The Bellfoundry Museum is currently closed for major repairs, so tours will take in the manufacturing areas but not the museum spaces.
· Foundry tours last approximately two hours and are led by one of our expert guides who will be happy to answer your questions.
· Children aged nine and older are welcome on our tours.
· Taylor’s is a working foundry, so what you see on the day will vary according to current jobs. We cannot guarantee that a casting will take place on the day of your visit, but there is always plenty to see and enjoy!
· Visitors must wear flat, closed shoes to take part in the tour. We also recommend wrapping up warmly in winter and avoiding loose clothing.
· We regret that there is currently no completely step-free route on the tour and toilet facilities are limited during our renovation works. Contact us direct is you have any queries or concerns about Accessibility.
· After booking you will receive a PDF attachment with further practical information about visiting us. We strongly recommend all visitors read this information carefully!
Voucher prices for the Taylor’s Bellfoundry Tour
Concession (Student, 65+): £10.50
Child (age 9-16): £8.50
Please note that the full foundry works tour is not suitable for children under the age of nine.
Recipients should ring 01509 638 500 to confirm the date and time of their foundry tour or email the following address:
When purchasing vouchers please bear in mind that tours usually take place on Thursdays at 1:30 pm.