- Tickets 1
- Your Details 2
- Checkout 3
- Confirmation 4
Full Foundry Tour
Event Start Date: 31/05/2022
Event End Date: 30/08/2022
The Full Foundry Tour includes the following:
- A short introductory talk and film in the Old Laboratory from one of our highly-knowledgeable expert guides
- A tour of the main Works hall where bells from across the world arrive and dispatch for repairs
- A visit to the woodworking shop to see how bell wheels are crafted into their unique shape
- A visit to the tuning shop to learn about how the magical Taylor’s sound is created
- Access to the viewing platform overlooking the spectacular Victorian casting hall
- The chance to touch and ting bells from across the centuries in the museum
Full Foundry Tours last approximately two hours. Please note that Taylor’s is a working foundry, so what you see on the day will vary according to current jobs.
We must emphasise that we can only allow visitors onto the factory floor if they are wearing flat, completely closed shoes.
Concession (Student, 65+): £10.50
Child (age 9-16): £8.50
Please note that the full foundry works tour is not suitable for children under the age of nine.
We regret that there is currently no step-free access to the first floor of our museum, including the Old Laboratory activity space and the casting hall viewing platform.
Use the calendar below to view available dates and to book.
Please note that the museum will be close for major refurbishment work at the start of September 2022. If you wish to visit the museum and take a tour, we strongly recommend booking a slot prior to September 1st.
Should you have any queries about the booking process, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01509 638 500.