Taylor's Bellfoundry Tours
Event Start Date: 03/04/2024
Event End Date: 04/04/2024
Taylor’s Bellfoundry Tours 2024
Owing to ongoing building works, we are running one full foundry tour in the February half term and one tour in the Easter holidays. Please see the calendar below for dates and ticket availability.
Tours begin with a short talk introducing the Taylor’s story. You will then enter the Victorian factory building to experience the Full Foundry Works. Explore the Victorian covered yard, where bells arrive for repair and depart for their new homes. You will also take in the joinery shop and learn how Taylor’s craftsmen produce bell wheels, carillon claviers and other vital pieces of the bell installation. The tour also includes a visit to the magical tuning shop, where the iconic sound of a Taylor’s bell is perfected. Visitors will have access to the casting hall viewing platform and a short video explaining the bellfounding process.
Please note that The Bellfoundry Museum is currently closed for major repairs, so tours will take in the manufacturing areas but not the museum spaces. Note that renovation works are currently taking place across the site, which means the bellfoundry is noisier and busier than usual and that carparking spaces are limited! If you would prefer to park elsewhere, contact us direct for suggestions of carparking options within walking distance of the bellfoundry.
- Foundry tours last approximately 1h30 mins and are led by one of our expert guides who will be happy to answer your questions.
- Children aged nine and older are welcome on our tours.
- Taylor's is a working foundry, so what you see on the day will vary according to current jobs. We cannot guarantee that a casting will take place on the day of your visit, but there is always plenty to see and enjoy!
- Visitors must wear flat, closed shoes to take part in the tour. We also recommend wrapping up warmly in winter and avoiding loose clothing.
- After booking you will receive a PDF attachment with further practical information about visiting us. We strongly recommend all visitors read this information carefully!
Ticket prices for the Taylor's Bellfoundry Tour are as follows:
Adult (16+): £12.50
Concession (Student, 65+): £10.50
Child (9-16 years): £8.50
Use the booking calendar below to purchase your tickets today!
Should you have any queries about the booking process, please contact us on 01509 638 500 or email@example.com.